About Me

Grand Rapids, MI, United States
I am a newlywed with some New Year's resolutions. I invite you to join me in the adventure of my first year of marriage! I am going to attempt a new recipe each week (though I barely know how to cook!) I will also try some sort of new stretch or exercise each week (perhaps dragging my husband along!) My third resolution? Just to keep writing, which is the purpose of this blog. If I like the recipes I try, I'll post them for you to check out. Same with the exercises. If my attempts fail miserably, I'll make you laugh with the stories. So, here's to a new year! I'm sure it will be quite an adventure :)

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Waiting for a job...

Well, it's Sunday, the start of another week.  I'm supposed to find out by Tuesday if I got the job at the clothing boutique or not.  I REALLY hope that I get it, because a) we could use the extra money and b) I could use having more schedule in my life, I'm getting lazy!  I just wish that it wasn't quite such a long walk to get there.  There are actually two outlets, and if I get the job, I would work sometimes at both of them.  The one is more accessible by bus, and that would be a nice thing.

Last Saturday we took the bus to go get groceries.  What fun.  At least there were two of us, so the carrying of the bags was less of a struggle.  The bus comes on half-hour intervals... so we determined that we would get through the store in 25 minutes and be back out to the bus stop.  No such luck.  We powered through our shopping, but managed to get back to the station a few minutes after the bus had already gone by.  So there we stood at the un-sheltered bus stop, shivering and staring at our watches, realizing it would be another 25 minutes before the bus came back.  If only we had stayed in the store!  We got colder and colder, and hungrier and hungrier.  We hadn't had lunch, and it was already after 4 in the afternoon.  Surely there was something in our bags that we could snack on.  Not so much.  We had purchased things like:  lasagna noodles, a pepper, an onion, cans of condensed soup.  The best things we could find were a bag of cherries and a bag of shredded cheese.  So we stood at our bus stop eating shredded cheese out of the bag and sneakily chucking cherry pits back onto the sidewalk.  We got a few stares from passing cars, but we contented ourselves by calling out (not loudly enough for them to hear) "We're richer in happiness!" :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment